Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Cool Song Mashup

This past summer I wanted to be able to play guitar and ukelelele on a basic level; just playing a few songs.  I went on and searched how to play after going over basic music notes in an old guitar book I had.  I was amazed to find that with just four chords you can play so many songs.  If you ever want to learn a string instrument I reccomend trying this; it is a very simple way to start out.

This song uses the chord progression I V iv VI
The chord progressions in different keys are here:

Changing the key changes the pitch to suit voice and other catergories but does not change the sound (the chords are all the same differences)

Because this is a running blog I thought it would also be interesting to post a video with 180bpm songs.  This mix is an awesome remix of violin music at 180bpm.  If you think it will be boring listen; it is sped up to 180bpm specifically for runners and sounds awesome.  I reccomend it for working out or just listening to in general.  It is really cool!



Why 180 bpm?
It has been scientifically proven that running with a stride rate of 180 steps per minute is ideal for the most efficient form.  They even play songs with this tempo at national track meets to help the runners hopefully keep their stride rate on pace.  This helps the best times be reached especially for the distance runners in the 800m; mile and two mile.

Shoutout to Mr.Sheehan! Get well soon so you can teach our awesome class!

~ Dan


1 comment:

  1. Dan,
    I tried to teach myself the guitar this summer and I think I have been far less successful. Maybe I am not putting in enough time, but this video actually gives me some hope. Great post.

    ReplyDelete