Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Difficult conversation

Lets face it, we all have those difficult conversations with people, and they especially seem to be when you have to tell the person.  They usually go something like this:
Me: "Hey whats up?"
Bro: " Not much, I think Gloria and I might hang out this weekend though."
Me: "Oh really?  Don't be disappointed if 'something' comes up"
Bro: "What do you mean? Do you think she doesn't like me?!!!"
Me: " Well I don't know, but I think that it might be better if you move on."
Bro: "I can't move on.  Nobody is better than her.  She is completely perfect.  Don't tell me that I will find somebody better because I won't!"
Me: "Whoa, just take it easy man!  I'm not saying that nothing could happen its just it is extremely unlikely."
Bro: "Why?  Am I really that bad?"
Me: "Well I think you can get somebody better."
Bro: "I already told you there is nobody better!"
Me: "There are other fish in the sea that you haven't met yet, you will find somebody."
Bro: "No I won't look."
Me: "You have to; I'm really sorry I have to go now."
And then you walk away quickly.

1 comment:

  1. One thign I enjoyed about this post was the end where you wrote ,"And then you walk away quickly" because that is totally what everyone does after a difficult conversation. One thing i did not like about this conversation was that it does not feel like a genuine conversation that could actually happen. One thing you could improve on is the use of 'something'. I'm not really sure if by 'something' you meant getting a date or 'something' a little more R rated.

    ReplyDelete